Townsville has plenty of attractions, from its wildlife to its casinos. But the Great Barrier Reef is truly one of the most popular attractions that bring tourists to Townsville.
Here are a few ideas on how to better enjoy the Great Barrier Reef Trips:
Explore the Great Barrier Reef by submerging yourself in the beautiful coral. A quick boat ride and you can snorkel amongst the fishes and corals.
- Pleasure Divers are the crew you want if you are looking for adventure around the corals of Magnetic Island.
- Aquascene’s Discovery Cruise will not only be fun but also educational.
- Reef Eco Tour will give you a Marine Biologist’s take on the Reef and its diverse ecosystem.
- Remote Area Dive is also a great option for a day trip to Pelorus and Orpheus Islands.
- Adrenalin Snorkel is a great way to enjoy snorkeling through Lodestone Reef.
You can also enjoy some self-guided snorkel trails in Nelly Bay and Geoffrey Bay. These can bring you up close to WWII aircraft propellors and other historic landmarks submerged in the beautiful blue bays.
If you want to take in the whole reef at once, a Heli ride is the way to go.
- Nautilus Aviation can help you charter a flight that will take you on a three-hour trip over the Coral Sea. You can also land on a private white sand beach where you can swim, picnic, and snorkel. After all this, they fly you back to Townsville.
- Townsville Helicopters also charters rides to secluded getaways like the Wheeler Reef.
Diving into the SS Yongala with the help of experienced divers and take in the sights of this historic shipwreck.
- For those who are experienced divers, Adrenalin Snorkel and Dive and Yongala Dive are the right people to talk to.
- For the novice, talk to Mission Beach Dive and Adrenalin Snorkel and Dive for some beginner-friendly diving.
There are plenty of cruises available if you want to explore Great Barrier Reef Trips From Townsville.
- Island Highlights Cruise starts from Palm Island and lets you snorkel around Pelorus Island and Orpheus Island.
- Cape Cleveland Lighthouse Tour is run by informed locals about the area’s history while you cruise the open seas.
- Great Palm Island Day Tour lets you experience and immerse yourself in the Indigenous arts and dance performances.